Sunday, February 01, 2009

Outdoor Art Gallery

Unseasonably warm weather beckoned and I couldn't resist.

Spending fifty years in Michigan taught me that Spring is where you find it, and today was definitely Spring.

58 degrees and beautiful sunshine revealed the outdoor art gallery that is Antietam National Battlefield.



Here's a nice piece by Georgia O'Keefe just west of middle bridge.






This element atop the Newcomer house is by the often whimsical Alexander Calder.

(and here's a Youtube about my tenuous connection with Calder)






I've always been a big fan of Winslow Homer. Here's his take on the Poffenberger Barn






I encountered this nice Joseph Cornell assemblege uphill from the Newcomer Farm .





Everyday's an art show, just north of Sharpsburg!
Ranger Mannie

p.s.  Snow's coming tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What? No Jackson Pollock?