Saturday, May 23, 2009

Chamberburg Seminar: In the Footsteps of Stonewall Jackson

In this famous painting, John Brown is still riding high from his star-turn in last year's Chambersburg Seminar, and appears somewhat miffed that the upcoming one will have the spotlight stolen by Stonewall Jackson.

Anyhoo, the upcoming Chambersburg seminar is focusing on Jackson's Valley Campaign, it should be a fantastic kickoff to the sesquicentennial of the American Civil War.  Go here for complete details.

Seamless recovery eh?  Sorry for any confusion from the earlier incorrect post.

Mannie

4 comments:

Editorial Staff said...

If live near where John Brown is mouldering in grave. If it was during John Brown's time I would be his neighbor. I doubt he would want to come over and hack me to pieces... of course I don't support enslavement

Nick said...

Well, is it John Brown the real person or the cinematic John Brown? Because I think it would be kinda cool to have Raymond Massey as my neighbor.

Mannie Gentile said...

Nick and John,

Turns out I was wrong anyway, this theme was for last year's Chambersburg Seminar. Pardon the confusion.

I guess I'd prefer the Raymond Massey John Brown living next door. Especially if he had that cool airplane from his 1936 film "Things to Come".

Mannie

Nick said...

That and he'd be able to take care of any U-Boat captains you meet thanks to his experiences in "49th Parallel" and "Action in the North Atlantic."