Friday, March 14, 2008

Audience participation time!

Everyone likes to color!



Get out the crayons and colored pencils.  This is an Antietam alphabet/coloring book I'm working on.




If the captions seem a little stilted its because the whole thing, A to Z, is written in rhyming verse.

Here's what I'd like you to do.  Print these off, then you (or someone you drive to school) can lavishly color them, scan your results and email the jpegs  back to me and I'll post them on this blog.


Note to Eric and J.D., fortunately Antietam wasn't much of a cavalry show because I've never been able to draw horses.


All images copyright (c) 2008 by...
Mannie Gentile

5 comments:

Jim Beeghley said...

Ranger Mannie,

Look for a submission from Sarah (and probably me too). I'm having trouble opening the third (bottom) image.

Jim
Teaching the Civil War With Technology Blog
http://www.littlestreguar.com/blog/

Mannie Gentile said...

Jim,

Thanks for the heads-up, I've since fixed the Dunker Church graphic. Good luck and as Sarah will probably remind you, you DON"T have to stay in the lines, and you can use ANY color you want.

Best wishes.

Mannie

Eric Wittenberg said...

That's okay, Mannie Great work nonetheless.

Eric

Anonymous said...

Mannie I love the color book. I could have used some help about 14 years ago when one of my first grade students wanted to make his ABC book a Civil War one. I had the kids do this type of book every year but usually they were simple ones. Not Andrews. I was scrambling to help him. He is now in college and an Iron Brigade reenactor and attending UCLA. He still remembers me finding Z is for Zouaves for him.
Susan Sweet

Mannie Gentile said...

Susan,

Thanks for the great comment.

Yep, "zouave" is the ringer for the letter z, but you've got to be wondering about "X" as well.

Mannie