Thursday, June 14, 2007

Dear publishers, here's the way it is:

I recently received the following comment. If you are a publicist, agent, or publisher, kindly take note.

But please do know that I thank you for thinking of me.

Ranger Mannie

--------


I’ve been going around to all the Civil War bloggers to let them know about our new book, the Historic Photos of Gettysburg by John S. Salmon. Tom Churchill of the www.18thmass.com/blog site has already reviewed it, and I have a link to a book trailer showcasing some of the photographs within the book, http://bookmarket.ning.com/video/video/show?id=523145:Video:6499. If you’d like to post a review online as well, I’d be happy to send you a complimentary copy. The title is done in a large format, 10x10 and all images used are culled from several archives that represent rare or never before seen photos. There are the more famous ones included as well, to round out the pictorial narrative and tell the story of the Battle of Gettysburg and its aftermath, including several reunions and shots of the park and how it’s evolved over the years.

Also, if you are a fan of military history in general, it might interest you to know we have a picture book coming out about Theodore Roosevelt as well, and its book trailer is here: http://bookmarket.ning.com/video/video/show?id=523145:Video:10483.

Thanks, and I hope you don’t mind me dropping you a line to let you know about our book! Talk to you soon.

2:39 PM



mannie said...
Hello,

Thank you for the generous offer, however I must decline.

Although I make it clear that my blog does not reflect the views of my various employers (including the National Park Service) I can't let it appear that I'm accepting gifts or favors based upon my status as a Ranger at our nation's finest park.

Though, again, I thank you for your kind offer, I cannot accept.

Best wishes,

Ranger Mannie

8:09 PM

No comments: