Monday, November 20, 2006

48th Pennslyvania blog

When it rains, it pours! My friend Steve Soper got his 3rd Michigan blog up and running(http://thirdmichigan.blogspot.com) and so, too, does my buddy John Hoptak start one regarding the 48th PA, those coal miners who dug the mine at Petersburg.

Author, historian, and educator, Hoptak is an authority on the fighting men of Schuylkill County. He's also a great person to walk the Gettysburg battlefield with. A G'burg resident, John invited me up for Remembrance Day this past weekend.
This is John at the National Cemetery where he did some fine storytelling for me.

I'm putting together an i-movie on the remembrance day parade now which I hope to have completed by the end of this week.

Check out both John's and Steve's sites...The Army of the Potomac can always use the reinforcements!

No comments: